Sunday, October 26, 2008

Singing Praises To The Lord


I love to sing praises to the Lord. I Love to hear others singing the Lord's praises. There is just something about listening to or singing songs of praise and gospel songs for the Lord that truly blesses me.

Friday night, my brother Jim called Elizabeth to let her know that he would be spending the weekend with us as he had a singing to attend and perform at on Saturday night. On Saturday afternoon my cousin, Mary Helen, came for a visit and to attend the singing with us. We had a very nice visit before hand and I fixed dinner for us all. We left and went to the singing around 5:30 PM. The singing itself began at 6:00 PM. There was not a lot of people there but the ones who attended enjoyed it.

I was blest as soon as I walked in the doors because a dear brother and sister in Christ and their family were attending the singing and were there to sing. I love to hear them sing. Their daughter, was my friend and I loved her very much. She died from leukemia this past Spring and when they were up front singing I could hear Gala singing with them. Even though she is Home with the Lord I could hear her singing, especially on one song," Going Home On The Morning Train ". That blest my heart. I Love Sister Ann and Brother Bernard. They are good people and I am blest to know them. Ann's brothers, Maurice and Charles and the rest of their family bless my heart for they are truly loving people who try to serve the Lord.

My cousin and I were sitting in the bleachers when one of my distant relatives that grew up with my Dad started talking with me. She said to me, " Nancy, where are all the people? " Because, as I said it was mainly just the singing groups that were in attendance. I said , " Dolly, it is that people just do not have their hearts where they need to be. They would rather be out in the world doing worldly things instead of attending a Gospel singing." She agreed. It is nice to visit with family and friends and to fellowship in the Lord.

My brother sang with the group he sings with. Little Jonathon, he is 4 years old, got to sing. It is truly a blessing to see the little ones singing the Lord's praises. Depresto, a long time family friend, our magistrate and leader of the group my brother sings with, asked if anyone else would like to sing. Sister Ann and her family said " Yes , we have another singer here. Sister Nancy, we want her to sing." Depresto said, " I would not forget to let Nancy sing." So they had me come up front to sing. I sang harmony on two songs while my brother, Jim, sang lead. We sang," Precious Memories" and " When I Lay My Burdens Down ". I was blest. The Lord was present . His spirit could be felt and we all sang praises to the Lord. After we sang all the singers got on stage and we sang " Amazing Grace " together. I just had chills from the Holy Spirit at the beauty of the sound of all those voices raised in praise to and for the Lord. It was truly beautiful and a blessing to be a part of this.

In two weeks the group my brother plays with will be singing at the Church I attend. I am praying a lot of people will show up. I enjoy fellowshipping with others in the Lord. I am looking forward to the singing. We had an awesome service at Church this morning. Brother Johnny and his family attended. They have not been there in awhile so it was good to see them. I hope they will be able to come to the singing. I know that several of my neighbors and friends will be attending for they have been asking me about it. I am praying for the Lord to do some powerful work that night as well as each and every day and night throughout the year.

This world needs to come to the Lord. They need the Lord in their lives and they truly need to honestly and openly serve Him. Without God , the Lord Jesus Christ in one's life there awaits death, hell and the lake of fire. With the Lord in your life and with one living their life for the Lord in truth, then we have eternal life in glory with the Lord to look forward to. Where and with whom are you investing your future in ? I am choosing to live my life for the Lord because I know that life is not worth living without Him. Don't walk down the road alone, choose to have Jesus by your side as your guide.

1 comment:

Mom of 3 said...

Hey Nancy, just wanted to let you know that I am here! Hope you and the kids are well and you are taking care of yourself.
Love you sister,
~K