Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happenings


Well, Samantha and Rochu's little egg hatched. But, sadly, we do not have the little chick. Only the Lord truly knows what transpired and the cause of it. The egg disappeared, which had Rochu and Samantha very upset as well as the children, understandably upset. We do not know what happened to the egg for it was gone. There was no little chick or egg shells in their pen anywhere because we thoroughly searched the pen and Samantha and Rochu were visibly upset, clucking and searching in their pen. We came back in the house to get their feed to feed them. When we returned to their pen, we could not have been gone no more than 10 minutes, there was the baby chick lying dead within the pen. It had not been in the pen before. In fact it was still warm so it had not been dead long. Something very strange had gone on in this situation, for certain.This broke the children's hearts and Samatha and Rochu were besides themselves. They were frantic. We buried the little chick in our flower bed as the children wanted it to be near the pretty flowers.

The baby chick was a beauty though. It was white, not yellow or ecru but pure white with a black spot of color on it's back. The children thought it was a pretty little thing. We decided that this spring when Samantha sets again we will keep her in a coop by herself and keep vigilant watch over her and the eggs. We do not want a repeat of this incident. The one thing I can say is that the children thanked the Lord for letting them get to see the baby chick. Now they know what they have to look forward to what Samantha hatches her next set of eggs. They know that the Lord will bless them with some beautiful baby chicks. I was thankful that even in the midst of their hurting, my children saw the blessing of the Lord within it all, in them being able to know and look forward to the beautiful little chicks that they will have in the future.


I thank God that the children can see the blessing disguised with the hurts and heartaches in this life. More of us, me included, need to look for and find the blessings that lie hidden amongst the trails and tribulations in our lives. The blessings are there, the Lord is just waiting for us to discover the hidden blessings and meanings. The bible tells us to praise the Lord in all things. We are to praise Him, even in the midst of the trials, testing and tribulations. Don't only praise Him in the good times, praise Him in the bad times. Because like the song " God On The Mountain " states " For the God of the good times is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God of the night." How many times when we are down in the valley do we forget that the Lord is right beside us, sometimes carrying us, through those times. He is always present. We just have to reach out for He is waiting with open arms to take us in, to lift us up, and most of to forgive us of our short comings and sins. Our Father, the Lord Jesus Christ is wonderful. He is worthy to be praised in all times and for all times.

I do, I thank God for my children. They are a blessing to me. I thank God for friends and family. I thank God for hearing and answering prayers. I thank God for the test, trials, and tribulations for within and through them He is working me into whom He would have me to be. There is no better place to be except within the hands of the Master, for He is daily working this vessel into something that He can use for his service. One day I pray I will be that refined silver that shines back His reflection.

Dear Lord Jesus Father God in Heaven, mode me daily into whom You would have me to be. Use me for Your service, help me to put self out of the way and except Your Divine Will for my life. I am nothing without You and I have nothing without You. You are my All Lord. Thank You for forgiveness, for Love, for All. Thank You for my children, my family, my friends. Thank You for Your many blessings, thank You for the testing, the trials and the tribulations. Guide me daily in what I should do and keep me upon the path that You have set me upon. Thank You for all. In Jesus Christ's precious holy name, Amen and Amen.

No comments: