Sunday, October 5, 2008

Family, Friends and Fellowship


My daughter, Elizabeth, had two wisdom teeth surgically removed, on her right side, this past Monday morning. She will also have to have the other two removed in about month or so. The Lord watched over Elizabeth during the surgery and in her recovery. I requested prayer for Elizabeth with family and friends and the Lord heard those prayers on Elizabeth's behalf . I truly thank the Lord for hearing and answering those prayers and I thank each one of you who prayed . May God richly bless each of you in return for your kindness, love and concern. God is good.

Over the weekend I was blest. I had the opportunity to attend our local community fair. The children and I attended with two of my nieces, Tabitha and Rebecca, on Saturday as well as with my brother, Jim. The night before, Friday night, my brother, Jim, had come down to stay the weekend with us and had went to sing at a singing in the Gospel group he sings and plays with.Well it was getting close to 8:30 PM CDT when I heard a car pull up and thought it was Jim coming in from the singing but I was surprised as it was my three nieces, my great niece and nephew as well. My niece , Sarah, who recently found out she is expecting her first child, I say first child although she had a miscarriage about the same time I miscarried a little over 3 years ago. We are all keeping Sarah in our prayers for a healthy pregnancy and delivery of this little one she is carrying. This was a blessing to see all of the girls and my great niece and nephew at once. When my brother arrived he was really surprised and tickled to see all three of his daughters here. This blest his heart and was a much needed blessing for and to him. I thank God for this.

We sat up playing cards and talking and visiting for quite awhile . We just enjoyed being together and sharing each others company. The girls left around 1:00 AM .Jim has been having trouble sleeping because, as a dad, he worries about his girls. But he slept pretty well that night he said when I got up in the morning. I am thankful to God for this. I know that it helped him and brought him some measure of peace to have his three girls all with him and to spend that time with them as a family. This, sadly, does not happen all that much anymore. Because as any parent knows when children grow up, they go on with their own lives and tend to drift away a little. I am just thankful that they had the opportunity to spend some time together because it also did my heart good to see this and I knew this is what Jim needed. The Lord knows the needs we each have as no one else does. Elizabeth even knew and said to me," Mom that is what Uncle Jim needed, to be with his girls and spend time with them." So girls if you read this,thank you for spending some time with your daddy. It meant a lot. I love you girls and I thank God for each of you and you are each very special and dear to me as you each know. I Love you all. Thank you for what you did.

So on Saturday while I was feeding our dogs, cats and chickens Rebecca and Tabitha drove up. So we all went to the fair together. We had a good time. I enjoyed listening to the Gospel music and got the opportunity to sing with my brother again. I enjoy singing and was blest that my brother invited me on stage to come up and sing with him. I enjoy singing for the Lord and I love to harmonize. I like to sing to lead but there is just something about singing harmony that blesses me. Elizabeth and Zak enjoyed the singing. Tabitha and Rebecca seemed to enjoy it as well. I was just thankful that the girls came to spend time with us and enjoyed being together.

Last weekend the children and I visited my parents, my brothers Bill and Jim. We attended a tent revival that Brother Mack Sosh held. It was a good service. I thank God that He gave my Dad the breath to sing with us. It touched my heart. I love singing with my Dad and miss that we do not get to sing together much as he has very bad asthma but God blest Dad that night we attended the revival. He opened Dad's lungs and we sung 3 songs together with instrument and we sang one song acapella. I was truly blest in this as well a s the preaching message brought my Brother mack. I love Brother Mack's wife , Sister Anna May. She is such a blessing to me. She glows and she is so sweet and such a dear precious Sister in the Lord. Our family is blest to know Brother Mack and Sister Anna May. Thank You Lord for all Your many blessings.

Oh yeah, we had a visitor several times this week that was very unexpected. Zak, my 9 year old son, called to me and Elizabeth as we were in the living room and he was in his sister's bedroom playing a game. he said," Momma and Elizabeth there is a deer outside the window." I was like yeah right, but we went back to see and sure enough there was a doe outside the window. She was looking at our little bantam chickens we have in a pen there. The doe was smelling of the waterer in their pen.( The picture, that is above on the left of this post, is of the doe) I told the kids that she must need water since it has been so dry, almost drought conditions , here. Of course the lake is only about a mile through he woods from us but the doe for some reason did not go to the lake. So I told the kiddo's that we would keep some 5 gallon buckets filled with water for the deer to drink from. So we have been blest this week with the doe staying close to our property. As we saw here on Thursday and again yesterday. When we came home from the fair she was standing by the church. Then she walked across the road in front of us onto our property and ran down onto the neighbors field. She is staying close because of the water. But it is a blessing to see her. We also have wild turkeys who stay in the filed out in front of our home. They feed morning and evening . It is a pleasure to watch them as they feed and play together. Yes, turkeys play as do all of god's creatures. Our cats watch the turkeys form the safety of our front yard, although a couple of our cats, Hermeown and Corky, have ventured closer to the turkeys to get a better view of them. I just enjoy living in the center of the country. It is a blessing as we daily are blest with seeing the Lord's creatures. It is so peaceful here. I thank God for the blessings and opportunities He daily gives us.

God blesses us with all these creatures of His. He blesses us with all His creations. We should daily take the time to stop and enjoy , appreciate, and give him praise for all these blessing of His creations. I can definitely say that there is no beauty that can compare to the beauty that has and is daily created by the hand of the Master Artist, which is the Lord. God/Jesus is the Master Artist. His creations are so beautiful from the tiny bugs to the largest tree, the clouds are even awesome in their array of shapes, sizes and types. Right now, Autumn is here. The leaves are so pretty in their Fall foliage. My two favorite seasons are Spring and Autumn.

I just want to thank the Lord for this weekend of family, friends, and fellowship. It has blest my heart. Thank You Lord. Amen.

No comments: