Thursday, March 1, 2007

Something To Ponder

Today , March 1st. The old saying is that if March comes in like a lion it will go out as a lamb. Well March came in as a lion. We ran the whole gambit of severe weather with Tornado watches to Severe Thunderstorm warnings. We had a few storms to pass through our area this afternoon but thankfully the Lord protected us through them. I thank God for His protecting Wings covering us in shelter. It will be intersting to see if March goes out as a lamb.

My Doctor's assistant called me today and said I am scheduled to have a consultation with a surgeon on Thursay March 7th. I have internal bleeding and it has caused my iron level to drop way low to 24 when the normal range is between 100-150. So I am taking iron tablets and they make me nauseated. But that is a common side effect of the iron tablets. Just a small thing to put up with in order to get my iron levels back up. I know that God will see me through all of this and all the other trials that are besetting me at this time.

I have a question that you might want to think about .Have you ever observed a flower ? Any flower ? The way it is formed, the shape of the petals, the various array of hues of color flowers come in, have you ever pondered upon this? A flower is a very intricate thing designed, rightly so, by God. Next time you are walking some where and happen upon a flower, stop, take the time to look at it, smell it's essence and look at the intricate way it is made. Look at the petals, the tiny veins that line them or the smoothness of a rose petal. Rose petals are like silk, so soft, so aromatic, beautiful, so delicate. Yet the stem of a rose has thorns. Sometimes to get to the beauty that we find, we have to make our way past the thorns to reach it.

Just like in life. Sometimes we have to go over a lot of rocky, bumpy and thorn strewn ground to reach the place where God wants us to be. The place where we are humbled enough to be used by Him in His service. We all have test and trials in this life but we are not to give in to those test and trials. We are to learn from them , to grow from them and turn to God and rely upon Him more openly through them. We are being refined in the fire and one day when the time is right, just as the bud of a flower burst forth in triumphant bloom, we will come forth as silver refined. We will shine with the Lord when we reach home. But until that time do everything you can to become the person that God wants you to be, not what the world wants of you, not what others want of you but the person that God wants you to be. For when it is all said and done God has the final say in everything.

1 comment:

barbara said...

Nancy, This was so beautiful. As I read the message in your blog, I also read your heart. You are a deep person, but more than this, you are a rare beauty. I see so much beauty in you Nancy, and I also see the Lord's pleasure in you as well. As I ponder the message in the flower; a rose, and the meaning, I can see so much wisdom, inner strength, and poise in you. Not everyone sees and appreciates our beauty because something is blocking their vision. Remember the Apostle Paul thought he was doing God a favor persecuting Christians, until one day Jesus stopped him in his tracks, and ironically physically blinded him in order to get him to see what really mattered! Keep being "you" because there is no one else like you here on this earth.

I just feel in my heart that God is so pleased with you and is with you, and will bring you through every trial you are now facing.

BTW, it's me Zoia just so you will know!