Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Billy

Today I signed a memorial book at our local Wal Mart. It was for the greeter that will be sadly missed at our local Wal Mart store. She was always there to greet anyone with a smile and a kind word. That was Billy.

She was a good person. She was always smiling, even in her old age she was still the greeter at Wal Mart. She will be missed by many. I have known her since I was in my 20's. She always was beautiful with her white hair piled neatly in curls upon her head. Her eyes sparkled with the joy of life and love for all and the Love of God. She was an inspiration.

Even when she was ill you could still find her at her post at Wal Mart, greeting customers. I will never forget the day that Elizabeth totally surprised Billy. Elizabeth was only 2 and we had just walked into Wal Mart and Billy greeted us as usual saying how big Elizabeth was getting and how pretty she was. Well Elizabeth looked right at her and pointed to her name tag and said," Billy". It blest Billy's heart. She clapped her hands together, a huge smile lit her face and eyes, and said, " She read my name, she read my name." I will never forget how happy Billy acted that Elizabeth at the age of 2 had read her name off her name tag. It blest my heart and I will always remember the way Billy's face and eyes lit up.

This lady made everyone who had the opportunity to meet her feel special. There was just something about Billy that God had put within her to be able to reach out to others. No matter who they were they felt special when Billy spoke with or to them. That is a wonderful way to be remembered. To know that you touched someones life and left them with a good feeling.

Billy was a wonderful Lady. And I thank God that I had the opportunity to be touched by her and to know her. She is Home now.

You see we never know exactly how we , in what we say or do, may affect someone else. We should always be mindful of this and try to make a difference in someones life each day . A good difference, be it a smile, a kind word , or just acknowledging that you care. A small gesture can make a difference in someones day. Share the Love of the Lord with someone each day and you will be rewarded in return. God is watching and He takes note.

No comments: