Monday, March 5, 2007

Make Yourself Available For God

Praising God for today and the many blessings He has blest me with and for those who listen to God's prompting.

First of all I have to share something with you all that happened at Church that I should have shared with you yesterday. Zak gave testimony in Church yesterday. It truly blest my heart and all those present. He was sitting in the pew between Elizabeth and I when Brother Jimmy asked if anyone had anything to say and Zak just spoke up so clear and it was so still in the Church when he spoke. He said," I thank God for saving my soul." I was so blest and rejoiced in the Lord. I cried because my heart was so rejoicing to hear Zak give testimony and I know the Angels were rejoicing too. It is so awesome how God blesses us. He is so awesome.

I got an uplifting message from a friend today.God is at work in people's lives and it is awesome to hear testimony of how He is working . There is nothing more encouraging than hearing of God helping someone or using someone to help another. I Love my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. God brings us together to help uplift each other and to better serve Him. Nothing should be allowed to get in the way of our sharing the Love and message of the Lord with each other. If we allow anything to get in the way then we are allowing the devil to win and I will not let the devil have victory over the Lord.

Today I went to an appointment I had and the children and I were sitting in the waiting room when a lady came in . I smiled at her and she smiled back. She went up to the receptionist and spoke to her then turned and started to walk out. She stopped in front of me and asked me a question about the building we were in so I answered her. I asked if she needed directions to somewhere in town and she said no. She turned to leave but turned back to me and put her hand in her bag she had with here. it was a large bag. She took a bag of peppermint candies out of her bag, The bag of candy was wrapped in festive paper and ribbons and she gave it to me. She told me to share it with my family. I thanked her.

There was a young mother sitting next to me with her little girl and I asked the mother if she cared if I gave some of the candy to her daughter and she told me I could. So I gave them some of the candy and gave the bag to Zak who held onto it until he got tired and asked Elizabeth to put it in her purse. The whole thing just blest my heart. people anymore just do not do those acts of kindness as they used to. God blesses us in so many ways . We may not always understand why He chooses to bless us as He chooses to but rest assured that He does it for a reason.

The other night, Thursday night, I was having some difficulties, God knows of them and a few close friends also know of them. Well I humbled myself before God and prayed in earnest to Him. I promised the Lord that whatever service He wanted me to do for Him, no matter what it was, as long as He showed me the way, I would do it for Him. I got up from praying fully at peace and knowing that God was taking care of everything.

Well today I got an email from a friend who is also a founder of a ladies group for fellowshipping with other Christian women and encouraging them. In the email she asked me to be a part of the groups ministry on Sundays and I knew that God had heard my prayer and was calling me into His service. It blest my heart because I know that if we make ourselves available for God's service He will use us for it. And that is so awesome. I of course told my friend that I would be of service to her and the Lord.

To be able to serve the Lord is reward in itself. God blesses us with what we need when we need it the most. I encourage each of you to make yourself available for the Lord's service. he will use you if you let Him. Don't turn Him away when He does call you into His service. Be a willing vessel for the Lord and He will bless you for it.

I praise His holy name for all the many blessings that He has given me. I may not be rich according to worldly standards but I am rich in God. And I thank Him for this. Thank You Jesus, Amen.


God is awesome.

2 comments:

David Showers said...

This blog post really touched me. Thank you for sharing.

David

David Showers said...

This blog post really touched me. Thank you for sharing.

David