Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wonderings













Have you ever wondered ? Just set and wondered ? Allowed your mind to just take you where it wanted to lead you ?
I have. My mind tends to wonder after God and to God. I want to learn more about the Lord. I sit and meditate, pray and commune with the Lord God/Jesus. I let my mind wonder to Him and in Him.

By allowing my mind to wonder after the Lord I can grow closer to Him. He wants each of us to have a closer walk/relationship with Him. In order to do this we each have to spend alone time with Him. We also need to find others who will help us grow in the Lord. If someone you know is hindering your growth in the Lord it is time to let them know that they are hindering you from growing as you want to grow in the Lord. God wants us to grow in Him, to flourish, to bear fruit, to and for Him. If someone is hindering you from being what you desire to be in the Lord then they are hindering you from bearing the fruit that you need to bear. You need to let them know this so they can either choose to change to help you in your growth or they can choose to turn away from you.





In our journey in our walk with the Lord we cross paths with many people. Some we learn from , some we lose things to, some we have with us for a life time, some choose to leave us and never return. But in all of this we have had the opportunity to make an impression upon each person who our path may have crossed with. Did you try to share God/Jesus with that person ? If so did they heed what you had to say or did they turn and walk away ? We have to each give account of our self unto the Lord one day. For each soul we led astray, we have to give account for it. For each soul we helped, each life we enriched, each life we harmed or hurt in some way, each smile we brought to someone's face, each tear we made someone cry ( whether in joy or sorrow, heartache or hurt, happiness and love), each laugh, each hug, each heartache, each sorrow, in what ever way we touched these peoples lives we will be accounted for. Wouldn't it be better to have done all the good and right we could have to each person instead of doing harm and wrong ?

I know I fall short, many times, of whom God wants me to be. I pray to the Lord daily to help me become the person that He wants me to be, not the person that I want to be, but whom He wants me to be. Oft times I have to ask His forgiveness because we never know, in the course of our day, how we may have offended or hurt someone by a hastily spoken word, a look taken the wrong way, an offense taken that we did not intend to give. I ask God daily to forgive me for anything that I may have done, said, or thought that may have caused harm to someone or that may have led others astray. We are not perfect. As it says in God's Word, we all sin and if we say we have no sin then we are liars.

No comments: