Sunday, June 10, 2007

Praise And Thanks


Praise ? How do you praise God ? Do you give God the praise due Him ? Do you thank Him for the blessings you receive everyday ?


Psalms 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.


I know in myself , I find that I do not always praise God as I should. I sometimes get downtrodden and feel sorry for myself. There is no other word for it but feeling sorry for myself. I am sure that you do this also at times. But I know for fact that I do, on occasion, feel sorry for myself. The question is, is it right to feel sorry for oneself ? Truthfully we should not feel sorry for ourselves. However, we are human and we do.


Psalms 7:17
17) I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.


Ephesians 5:20
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;


I Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Psalms 106:1 Praise ye the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

We are to praise God in all things. We are to give thanks to God in all things. Even when we are downtrodden,feeling sorry for ourselves, having test and trials we are still to praise the Lord and give Him thanks. Yes, we often fail this but did you know that if you start praising God in the midst of whatever it is that is besetting you, that you will start to feel better and soon you will be uplifted in the Lord. Give it all up to Him. God knows of all you are going through and all that has befallen you. Give it to Him and praise Him through it all. Be thankful to Him for everything that you have, for all the blessings He blesses us with each day , we should praise Him and thank Him. As the verse in the Bible,God's Word says,He does not allow us to be tempted past that which we can bear.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

We are to praise Him and give thanks to Him through it all. I fall short of this, oft times. In truth we all do. I encourage you that the next time you start feeling sorry for yourself to start praising God and thank Him for all the He has done for you and all that He has blest you with. So what if life isn't going as we want it to. What truthfully matters ? Yeah it hurts when things don't go as they should or as they were promised , one gets disappointed when promised things are not delivered. But in truth when promises are broken it hurts the one who made and broke those promises worse than it does you. The one is not being true as they should, you can't help what someone else chooses to do. You can only pray for them, as you should, and let them know how you feel about the disappointment. But in the long run of things you can't change it. It is up to them to make things right. If they choose not to make things right then they have to give account for what they did. We each have to give account for what we do, no one else.

It is better to praise god and give Him thanks through all things and in all ways, even in the face of disappointment. If we face it by praising God and giving Him thanks for the opportunity to learn and grow, as we should, we are in fact growing closer in our walk with God and learning the lesson He is trying to teach us. We have to give account for ourselves so I intend to start praising Him through it all. The next time I get disappointed, start feeling sorry for myself, I will start praising God and stay true to Him because I don't want to be a person who allows the disappointment and sorrow of what has happened win. I want God to have the victory and in order to do that I have to praise Him and give Him thanks through it all. I am not going to allow anything else to take the victory that belongs to God. I urge you to do the same. Stand and praise God, give Him thanks in the face of adversity and give God the victory as He deserves it . He deserves all the praise, the honor, the glory and the thanks in all things.

No comments: