Tuesday, March 8, 2011

God Answers Prayers


Praising the Lord for letting my daughter's cat, Sephiroth be okay. Someone ran over him yesterday while I was looking out the window. I saw the whole thing and the person just sped off when I ran out the door waving them down. I even ran after them down the road , they braked then they went on. I know they saw me. I called the police and reported it. We located Seph under our outbuilding and I took him to the vet. The kiddo's and I prayed on the way to the vet that Seph would be okay. Thankfully all Seph got was a scraped hind leg with two gouge marks on it. He is in the house and we have him on antibiotics for a week.



God cares for His creations, all of them. Remember what it says in the Bible about God even notes when the sparrow falls. For those of you who intentionally harm animals think twice before you do it cause God is watching and He takes note of what you are doing to His creatures. Accidents happen but when you speed away knowing you ran over an animal that is someone's pet that is not right, especially when that person saw it happen and you know they were trying to flag you down. That animal is part of someone's family, not just a pet, not just an animal, but a family member. I forgive you ( I hope you did not mean to run over Sephiroth, even though you sped up and swerved towards him, I forgive you). If you run over someone's pet have the decency to stop and speak with them and let them know you did not mean to run over their pet, offer your apology, offer to pay the vet bill, that is the least you could do instead of speeding away as if the pet was nothing.



My daughter is still hurting because of this happening. She may be 20 but she knows the hurt that people can cause to others. I have to use this as a lesson in forgiveness to her and her younger brother who is 12. The Lord tells us that if we do not forgive others than He will not forgive us. Sometimes it is hard to forgive when you are the recipient of the hurt but you can forgive and release the hurt to God/Jesus Christ/ Father Creator. He knows your pain and your heartache and He can bear it more than you or I can. So I encourage each one that has been hurt, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by another to forgive and to give it over to the Lord. You'll feel better in the long run for when you hold onto hurts, unforgiveness, and grudges you are hurting yourself as you are allowing yourself to be held captive by your emotions and by the person who has caused you to have these feelings.



You have the power, through Jesus Christ, to be free from all of that. Let go and let God be in control of it all, as He truly is the One who is in control of it all. Sometimes things happen to see how we will react to that situation. We are all daily tested and being refined into whom God wants us to be as silver is refined in the furnace.

No comments: