Wednesday, April 18, 2007


I got an email from a dear friend today. I replied in email to my Little Brother and I thought I need to share this with others, the way the Lord led me to share with him, I also need to share with others what God gave me to share with my Little Brother. He is in some ways wiser in the Lord than I am. God blesses us with others in our life to help us in so many ways. That is awesome.


God is awesome. He is teaching me some things I need to know and some of them have not been easy to accept as I have had to eat humble pie, so to speak. I thought I was humble at the time but God let me know I needed to be humbler. And so He showed me this and I did as He asked of me and He is at work. I have had to reach the depths of the valley to get humbled to where He wanted me to be and put self out of the way. Once I did this He made known to me what He wanted to.

I had to take a deep look at myself and see myself as He saw me. And some of want I saw about myself made me realize that I am a harsh person in some aspects. I know when it comes to Him and His Word we have to be disciplined and strict but I had allowed this to carry over to other areas of my life. Too much so it seems. But now that I know this I am working to change me. I can't change others but I can change me to be more of who God wants me to be.

Sometimes the lessons taught by the Lord are hard to take but I know that He only wants what is best for us, His children. God has lifted me up so many times and once again He lifted me up . I still have a ways to climb and a lot to learn but one day after while I am going to be with Him. I look forward to that day.

Sometimes we have to do a little sacrificial living in order to be at the point to where God wants us to be in order to fully realize what God wants of us. Sometimes this is what it takes for us to listen to Him, for Him to get our attention. I am a selfish person. When I gave up to God the one thing that I wanted most and left it in His hands, He started taking action. I thought I could help Him but I truly realized that it was I who was hindering Him and what He wanted to do. So I gave up what I wanted and said to Him to do as He wanted things to be and He is working. I see Him working and I am repentant first for thinking I could change things when truthfully I never could on my own, and thankful that God is a forgiving God and that He after I gave up what I wanted has started to work on it all. I had to give it up for Him and to Him and then He let me see the awakening of what He wants to be done in all of this. I have to be submissive to God and follow His lead and His will for my life for without Him I have nothing. I am thankful that God saw fit to chasten me. I am thankful also that I realized that He was chastening me and letting me know to let go and let Him do as He knew was best for me.

No comments: